Saturday, April 16, 2011

I was so freakin' scared.

Okay, my husband and I like to shop at DI, and I usually get books when I'm there. Well, a few days ago, I bought some books, and I left them on the floor just because I was lazy this week. Just a minutes ago, I decided to clean up a bit and pick them up. I pulled out a My Little Pony I bought there, and put it in my pony basket, then went into the bedroom to put my books away when I felt something that wasn't a book and was moving. I look down and saw this black round shape with many legs.

I did what any girl would do.

I screamed my head off, threw everything on the ground and backed away. Then I screamed again.

My husband, being a good husband, was washing dishes. He heard my terrified screams, stayed at the sink and yelled if I was okay.

My reply was something like this: "HOLY CRAP!"

Yes, I too believed what was in my hand was a giant spider. No, like you I was wrong. It was in fact, our red claw crab that lives in our aquarium's filter. Yes, you heard me. The crab lives in the filter and not the aquarium itself. He crawled up there two months ago, and we just left him there since he liked it. Well, today he decided to get out and go for a walk. And that's where I found him.

Once my husband knew what I was screaming about, he retrieved the fish net, caught the little sucker, and dumped him in the tank. And for a while now, we've been trying to figure out how to keep him in there, because crabs will die within two hours of being out of water. Right now, we've saran wrapped around the filter, to prevent him from just getting out of the tank. To prevent him from getting into the filter, we've put a vase in the tank that's tall enough to fit over the bottom of the filter. We're not sure if it'll work, but it's the best we can do for right now.

This is me in a nutshell, keeping an eye out for eight legged house guests. See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment