Thursday, March 24, 2011

Writing Prompts

So because I really have no idea what to write in a blog, I went looking around for writing prompts. I've decided to try and commit to writing an exercise or prompt each day and post it on this blog, if I don't have anything really awesome to post.

I've found two really awesome sites for this for anyone who cares. How about you Hubby? The first one has a prompt for everyday in the year. Here's the URL: http://www.theteacherscorner.net/daily-writing-prompts/ This one has a lot of prompts, but some of them kind of stupid so I might ignore some of these prompts. The next one only has a few, but has many different kinds. Here's the URL: http://www.oneofus.co.uk/index.php/writing_tips/writing_exercises/ I also saw that there were a couple of books with prompts, so I'm going to look into borrowing a few from the library if there are any available.

Maybe doing stuff like that will get me writing more for my book. I had time to work on it today, but instead I procrastinated and organized my playlist. Music is very important for a creative mind.

Today's writing prompt is: On March 24, 1874, magician Harry Houdini was born. What is the best magic trick you have seen or that you have performed yourself?

It wasn't long ago that my husband and I were on our honeymoon. We went on a Carnival Cruise. Every night, we'd go to the dining room to have our evening meal. During the last half of our vacation, our servers started performing cheap magic tricks. They weren't anything special, but it was fun to joke around and try and figure out how to do the tricks. They even let us try the tricks ourselves. I remember that there was a young woman at a table next to ours who would get so worked up trying to figure out the tricks. It was the highlight of our meals.

Well, that's it for today. That's writing prompts in a nutshell. I'm going to have trouble fitting in that phrase every day. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment