Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's been a while

It really has been a while. I usually wait for something interesting to happen to write in my blog, but the past month or so, I've just been in a bad mood. I've been slightly depressed, and I've had some health problem. Not a great part of my life, and not much I want to talk about. To sum things up, I was depressed because I didn't think I was accomplishing much. Soon after that, my chest hurt late at night and I went to the emergency room. I've been healing since then, and trying to get into a pulmonologist. My lungs have been poor for a few years.

It was soon after making an appointment to see the doctor that I started to feel better (go fig), but I'm still going since I've had this ever lingering cough for almost two years. Time to get that cleared up. But I'm feeling better and my spirits are up so I've been working more on my projects.

Anime Banzai is coming up, so I'm getting ready for that. I'm making a few costumes and getting things ready to sell at my table. One of my costumes I'll be wearing is Astrid from How to Tame a Dragon. I'm really excited about that costume. Especially since my husband is going to be Hiccup for Halloween, so we'll be matching. ^.^

My writing has fallen behind. Lately, the only thing I've been wanting to write is chapter summaries for all my books so that I have them written down, but it'll take me forever to do that. I just keep coming up with more and more stories that I'll never get through them all. But I want to.

Another thing going on in my life is that I'm in training to be my ward's organist, not something I ever thought would happen. I never thought of myself as a great piano player, so when I was asked to start learning the organ I was a little excited, but more than a little apprehensive. I've played two songs in sacrament so far, and each time I'm very nervous. And I've found that it's hard for me to learn new songs. It's been a long time since I've had lessons.

Now I'm just complaining. I can't really think of anything of real importance that I've accomplished lately. I've been reading a lot of books, and watching plenty of Monk. I love that show.

Maybe next time I'll have a little more to write about. For now, that's how my life's been going in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment