So Bot Con was a few days ago. I just got back, tired and geeked out. But it was a great weekend.
It started over a month ago when I started making transformer hats. It took me forever, but I bought enough material to make around 90 hats. Two years ago when I went, I had about twenty-five hats and sold out. This year, I didn't want to sell out, so I made enough. I had most of them finished when the trip began, but the rest I had to sew by hand. All the way to California, I sewed hats. In the hotel, I sewed hats.
I went with my sister and three of her friends. We arrived at Botcon a day before the convention, so we went to Hollywood and the beach. I got pictures of Abbot and Costello's stars, and we walked up and down the boardwalk. It was fun and very interesting. Then we went to the beach. The ocean was cold, so there was lots of squealing and screaming.
The Botcon came. I had made hats for Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Prowl, Jazz, Red Alert, Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, and TFA Prowl. I also made a few baby hats, but I was afraid that I made them too small. And sure enough, I did. But they fit a few plushies some fangirls had. So I gave them away to the girls, who were happy about that.
During the first day, I didn't sell very many. The dealor's room was only open for three hours, and not open to the general public. I sold about ten. The second day was crazy. The general public was allowed in for a small price, and I sold around thirty hats that day. The third day I lowered my prices, and sold around twenty more.
I sold out on Prowl(8), Soundwave(7) and TFA Prowl(4). I sold a good amount of Bumblebee(12). Jazz(4), Ratchet (5) were pretty good as well. My seeker hats were fair, but I sold none of Thundercracker. I sold one Red Alert and two Cliffjumpers. I want to have this on record for next time I go, so I know what kind I need. But I made a great amount of money there. I made as much as I spent, including gas, price of the table and hotel. It was great.
I also have had a few people saying they're wanting to order hats online, and a couple of people have offered to advertise for me, so I'm stoked. I might have a second income for buying my geek stuff.
Besides selling hats, I also saw a lot of neat costumes. There was a girl who had made a Jazz dress that was really adorable. Another girl made a punk girl style Soundwave costume. And then these really awesome people made ten foot costumes of Grimlock and Devestator. The Grimlock could even talk like the character. There were also some really good movie costumes of Bumblebee, Megatron and I think Blackout. They were amazing. There were a few other really good ones, that I missed or that I'm forgetting to mention.
I also bought some great swag. I got myself a Heroes of Cybertron Paradon Medic that I want to custom change into my original character Airclover. I bought two artist made picture, one of TFA version of Rosanna and one of Elita-One. Then I traded two hats for an Air Razor toy. I bought a TFA Shockwave that came with a little Bumblebee. This was my most expensive toy I bought, and it wasn't that expensive. I bought two comic books, one I got cheap. Then I got a World's Smallest Transformer Grimlock. He's so cute and tiny. The last toy I bought was a TFA Arcee. I was happy about this one, because she was going for forty dollars everywhere. I got her for eighteen on the last day. Yay.
At the end of the day, we walked to a comic book store and I found the last Gargoyle's comic book that came out. Horray. All in all, I didn't buy that much stuff.
I also ate some delicious sushi. I like the eel kind, and the Inari. There was also a bakery near our hotel that had some of the best cupcakes. I got a sugar and spice tea cake, and it was stinkin' good. I'm cravin' some right now. The lady there was also very nice. She said the bakery usually doesn't make muffins everyday, but she made sure to make muffins for us the next morning, and they were so good.
It was a great trip.
No pictures at all... *sniff sniff. Sounds like you had a blast!
ReplyDelete